Thursday, September 29, 2011

Somewhere Between Life and Death

I started a short story last Sunday evening, and I finished it two days later. The story is 4k words, inspired by the art of Storn Cook for the RogueBlade Entertainment's Stealth Challenge. The story is called The Little God.

Wish me luck!

I've never completed a short story so fast (that was so polished) in my life. I'm not sure what inspired me to knock this out other than a conversation I had with my brother just a few weeks ago. It was a heart-to-heart, just hanging out during a family gathering, talking about how we had inspired one another throughout our childhoods. Truly a relationship of great respect and love even though we are both very busy people and have little time to hang out.

Anyway, he told me I could do anything if I could just stay focused on the task at hand. Sure, that's what everyone says, but there were other things said during that conversation that bolstered his main point quite a bit. So, for me--this time--the message hit home hard.

So, I wrote and I wrote.

Now, back to the monster I'm finishing for Beneath Ceaseless Skies.

Aside from the fiction, my marketing campaign for The Budget of Your Life: Breaking the Chains of Debt has begun, and I'm eagerly working with my marketing agent, Jen Shak, to get some sales rolling in.

I'll keep you posted if I discover anything worth mentioning.







1 comment: